1. 1 Acorn, banana, or butternut squash
2. 1 box of rice pasta
3. Fresh or frozen spinach
4. 1 onion, diced
5. 2 garlic cloves, smashed then diced
6. 2 Tablespoons butter (I know...but I couldn't resist)
7. 1 can black beans, drained
8. Grated parmesean/asiago cheese to taste
9. Spices: Salt, Pepper, dried Sage, Cayanne Pepper, Paprika
1 oven-safe dish
1 large frying pan
1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
2. Fill oven-safe dish with about 1" of water, cut squash in half, place cut-side down in dish.
3. Put squash in the oven for 40-45 minutes depending on how big it is
4. Boil some water for the rice pasta. Add pasta once water is at a rolling boil
5. While water is boiling and squash is cooking, dice onion & garlic
6. Saute onion & garlic in frying pan with 2 tablespoons of butter
6. Once onion is soft, add spinach & beans. Cook until spinach has wilted. Add spices.
7. Turn burner with veggies off, cover.
8. When done, drain pasta & add it to the veggie mix
9. Once squash is done, run it under a little cold water, then scoop the squash out of the shell with a spoon. Coarsely chop big parts of squash, add to pan with veggies. Turn the oven off.
10. Turn burner back on low for a minute or two to mix & make sure everything is hot.
11. Scoop servings into bowls, top with a little grated cheese to taste, and voila!