Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday Perk - Flat Out

Yes!  The blog is back!!  I am not completely done preparing to open up my business, but I'm close enough that I can come back and restart the blogging!  So here's a Wednesday Perk post to start us back.  This past weekend I was at a lovely wedding.  I am lucky enough to have a few different dresses to rotate for weddings throughout the year, complete with shoes and accessories, making picking an outfit a snap.  So I picked out my chiffon wine colored dress, which I usually pair with cute deep purple, patent leather, peep toe heels.  Now, I'll be honest these are not necessarily the most comfortable heels, but I have worn them to many weddings before and managed to power through the night.  I don't know if my feet have changed too much (I have done 3 marathons after all) or what the problem was but I wore these shoes for the ceremony and was so grateful to have a little gap before the reception started because after only an hour or so it was clear my feet would not survive the night.  I was happy to rush back up to my hotel room and congratulated myself for being smart enough to toss my cute gold flats in my bag before leaving, my jewelry was gold so the flats were a perfect switch up.  While maybe not quite as cute as with the heels, no one noticed my change to flats and I was able to dance up a storm with no problem.  So in honor of my realization that heels are just becoming more and more of a pipe dream for my feet, here are some cute flats that will have you looking just as polished, but without the discomfort.


Pinned Image
Nine West Lilboger Flat

Normally I wouldn't gravitate towards a shoe like this, but there is something about these that I am in love with.  The colors seem to be just right.  I love the geometric design on the heel, and how from the front these shoes are so unassuming, but from the back you get a whole different perspective.  These are definitely being added to my spring shopping list.





Pinned Image
Nine West Kilianna Flat

This is the sweetest show I have seen in a long time, but it's done perfectly to keep it mature and not too girly.  I love the patent leather, and the modern looking bow, and the sling back is a fun and different detail.  If you have an Easter gathering coming up these would be perfect.


Pinned Image
Ralph Lauren Abigail II
I am madly in love with the leather detailing on these shoes.  I love the Cognac coloring, and the little golden buckle.  I would definitely pair these with my jeans for casual Fridays, and on weekends to help elevate my casual style.

Pinned Image
Michael Kors Jordana Ballet Flat
Once again, normally I would not expect to like a shoe like these, but there is something about this pair that has me drooling.  The red is a fun and bright pop of color.  To be completely honest though, I would probably remove the little tassel bow.  This is another pair that I would wear with jeans and casual skirts to add a little fun.
Pinned Image
Lucky Brand Peppy

I consider a metallic pair of flats to be an essential wardrobe item, I mean my gold ones saved me at the wedding, but I also just frequently wear them.  The right metallic color will go with anything that you are wearing, and can quickly elevate an outfit from super casual to classy casual.


Have any of you found that your feet don't last as long in heels anymore?  Did you just jump to wearing flats, or are you still trying to stick it out with the heels?



2 comments:

  1. Color me obsessed with the Nine West Lilboger! Must have.

    ReplyDelete